Mundial Montréal, North America’s World Music Summit, invites artists to submit an application to be considered for a 25-minute showcase spot at our 8th annual conference on November 13 – 16, 2018. Our showcase program is extremely limited (approximately 30 spots) which do not compete with other activities/showcases in our program. Our mission is to present the best world music artists from Canada, as well as international artists, to industry professionals and the Montreal public. Showcasing artists are selected from a blend of applications and invitations to create the right mix of emerging market-ready talent that reflects the needs of our talent buyer pool.
Selections are at the discretion of our artistic director.
- The application fee is 40 CAD and is non-refundable.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your submission is complete.
- Only selected artists will be contacted.
- To submit an artist, you will need to fill out a form.
- Mundial will provide the showcase venue, basic backline and tech support, event marketing and some of the most influential talent buyers in North America and Europe.
- Selected artists are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, visas and the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada. We strongly recommend that you secure funding for your travel in advance of application.
- Selected artists MUST have a representative that will purchase an Emerald Badge or a Ruby Badge at full price and will participate to the 4-day event. The representative must be identified when the offer is accepted. The accreditation will be on sale soon. Showcasing is essential, but having a representative to meet our delegates and promote you throughout the conference is paramount to making the best of what you can get out of Mundial. We aim to showcase bands who are market-ready, i.e. who are at a level of professionalism and organization. Band members without a badge will receive wristbands granting access to showcases.
If you have any questions, email us at info(@)mundialmontreal.com
The Caisse de la Culture is proud to contribute to Mundial Montréal. Financial cooperative dedicated to artists and cultural organizations, professionals and businesses, the Caisse de la Culture was founded by artists, for artists. For nearly 25, years our mission has been to help you realize your personal and professional projects. Whatever your needs, our expertise will allow us to find solutions for you. We are proud to have helped thousands of self-employed workers become homeowners, to have allowed so many of our members realize their projects, and to have fostered business development in every artistic field.