Even though we’ve been hit with a snowstorm, it didn’t stop us from going to Marseille to represent world music from Canada and lead what ended up being the biggest delegation of Canadian professionals to go to Babel Med Music!
AT THE MARKETPLACE
- 1 welcoming stand located in the heart of the action
- 1 speed meeting
- 3 networking receptions with Canadian Maple Whisky tasting
- 18 Canadian professionnals coming together under the banner “Canada – World Music de Chez Nous”
- 2 performances that have not gone unnoticed!
PRESENTATION OF THE TRANSATLANTIC BRIDGE PRIZE
- 1 useful panel moderated by our Artistic Director Derek Andrews
- 2 orientation and networking dinners for professionals
FOR MORE PICTURES, CONSULT OUR ALBUM ON FACEBOOK
In terms of representation and connections, this was without a doubt one of our best presence at Babel Med Music so far, a productive presence with meetings that are sure to bear fruit!
About Babel Med Music 2017
The event welcomed 2000 professionals and 15,500 concert-goers over 3 festival nights.
At the marketplace, located in Hangar J1:
- 2,000 professionals
- 750 structures
- 150 booths
- 20 conferences, roundtables, presentations
- 1 regional stage featuring 7 showcases
- 5 sessions of speed meetings
- 1 session of speed listening
- International media coverage
- 236 interviews set over 3 days
- 1 opening ceremony and 5 awards given out
- 14 documentaries for the “Écrans de Babel”
At Dock des Suds:
- 150 musicians from 22 pays and 5 continents
- 27 hours of music
- 3 DJs & 1 VJ
- 30 concerts
- 3 stages 3 nights