Born out of Mundial Montreal’s Presenter Meetings, World Routes Network is a National Arts Service Organization whose mandate is to inform, represent, advocate and provide services to its members, composed of presenters from across Canada interested in developing world music.
Bringing together Canadian festivals, concert halls, clubs and presenter networks, World Routes Network‘s mission is twofold:
- Deepening its members’ practical knowledge by organizing Presenter Meetings providing guidance and professional assistance on how to effectively reach their objectives from both artistic and organizational standpoints, including block booking strategies and professional development strategies.
- Developing and coordinating curated networking activities happening at international contact events such as the ones listed below.
History of meetings
- NATIONAL NETWORK MEETING — Ottawa, Canada — May 2016
- WESTERN ROOTS ARTISTIC DIRECTORS — Calgary, Canada — September-October 2016
- WOMEX — Santiago de Compostela, Spain — October 2016
- MUNDIAL MONTREAL — Montreal, Canada — November 2016
- APAP|NYC — New York City, United States — January 2017
- FOLK ALLIANCE INTERNATIONAL — Kansas City, United States — February 2017
With the support of