The Call for Submissions for the 2017 edition of Mundial Montreal is now OPEN!
Mundial Montréal, North America’s World Music Summit, invites artists to submit an application to be considered for a 25-minute showcase spot at our 7th annual conference on November 14 – 17, 2017. Our showcase program is extremely limited (approximately 34 spots) which do not compete with other activities/showcases in our program. Our mission is to present the best world music artists from Canada, as well as international artists, to industry professionals and the Montreal public. Showcasing artists are selected from a blend of applications and invitations to create the right mix of emerging market-ready talent that reflects the needs of our talent buyer pool.
Selections are at the discretion of our artistic director.
- The application fee is 40 CAD and is non-refundable.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your submission is complete.
- Only selected artists will be contacted.
- To submit an artist, you will need to fill out a form.
- Mundial will provide the showcase venue, basic backline and tech support, event marketing and some of the most influential talent buyers in North America and Europe.
- Selected artists are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, visas and the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada. We strongly recommend that you secure funding for your travel in advance of application.
- Selected artists MUST have a representative that will purchase an Emerald Badge or a Ruby Badge at full price and will participate to the 4-day event. The representative must be identified when the offer is accepted. The accreditation will be on sale soon. Showcasing is essential, but having a representative to meet our delegates and promote you throughout the conference is paramount to making the best of what you can get out of Mundial. We aim to showcase bands who are market-ready, i.e. who are at a level of professionalism and organization. Band members without a badge will receive wristbands granting access to showcases.
The call for submission is now closed
Caisse Desjardins de la culture Contest
In the context of our 2017 Call for Submissions, the Caisse Desjardins de la Culture will give away one free year of life insurance premium worth $25 000 to a Québec-based Mundial Montreal applicant! Once your registration is complete, your name will be automatically entered into the draw if you qualify. The draw for the prize will be made once the call for submission is closed. The winner will be contacted by email.
A good management of finances is one of the pillars of a successful career in the entertainment and performing arts industry. The Caisse Desjardins de la Culture offers a range of personalized services and advice to help artists and cultural entrepreneurs.It can also tend to their members’ business and individual financial needs all under one roof. Find out more