On November 16, 2018 will be held the joint world music showcase of the official programming of :
- The 18th CINARS Biennale (International Exchange for the Performing Arts);
- The 8th edition of MUNDIAL MONTRÉAL (North America’s World Music Summit).
The call for applications launched on February 13 invited artists to apply for a 25-minute showcase. Four acts have been selected and will have the chance to perform in front of a pool of professionals gathering delegates both registered at Biennale CINARS & MUNDIAL MONTREAL!
Perséides is an ensemble consisting of Jean Felix and Amir who met in Montreal late winter 2016, the meeting was an instant spark Drawing on the cultural diversity and fluidity of their musical background.
OktoÈcho is specializes in the blending of Middle Eastern, Native and Western music. The ensemble creates original Quebec works while exploring an aestheticism that embodies a world whose fusion of different traditions transcends borders.
Sina Bathaie is a Santur player based in Toronto known for his unique style and approach toward Persian contemporary music.
The music of Ventanas (windows in Spanish) has its roots in the Mediterranean basin – from North Africa to the Balkans via Turkey and Spain. The instruments – oud, baglama, darbouka and flamenco claps – create a joyful harmony that moves from traditional tunes to today’s compositions. All this creates a “jam” where Roma, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and klezmer music meet.
SPECIAL DEAL ON A CINARS BADGE PRICE
FOR MUNDIAL MONTRÉAL REGISTERED PRESENTERS
- OFFICIAL CINARS PROGRAM *
Presenters registered for Mundial Montréal 2018 will be able to take advantage of a 50% discount on the current BIENNALE CINARS 2018* accreditation price, a unique opportunity to appreciate the performances of talented artists from here and abroad, to discover cultural creations from the performing arts sector and to appreciate all their richness.
PRICE LEVELS :
$325 until June 30 | $375 until September 30 | $450 regular price
If you are interested, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the promotional code
- JOINT SHOWCASE: All registered Mundial Montréal delegates will have free access to the joint CINARS / Mundial Montréal showcase on November 16, 2018 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. upon presentation of their Mundial badge.
- OFF-CINARS PROGRAMMATION : registered Mundial Montreal presenters wishing to attend an OFF-CINARS show should contact email@example.com (within the limit of available seats.)