Winds of change are blowing at Mundial Montréal! Our team is delighted to be flying out to Praia to attend the professional music market Atlantic Music Expo for the first time! We will be travelling to Cabo Verde from April 16 to 21 for the event’s 6th edition and a delegation of 15 Canadian professionals formed as part of the collective initiative World Music De Chez Nous will be accompanying us.
AME has made great strides in the past few years, and is now established as a staple in the world music professional market circuit. Its setting is dreamy, yes, but it is in its boutique format that its strength truly lies. At AME, quality exchanges don’t just happen, they are encouraged. A truly international crossroad, the 2017 event attracted 550 delegates from 38 different countries.
- Stand: Stop by the Canadian headquarters and say hi!
- Réception, with the support from the Quebec Office in Dakar, At the courtyard of the Palácio da Cultura, you are invited to keep chatting around fresh and refreshing juices April 17 at 12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. To register, click here.
- Speed-meetings : April 18-19, 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Palácio da Cultura.
- Panel: Our artistic director Derek Andrews will be speaking on a panel offering tips on how to break through the North-American market.
Other panelists are Anane (USA/Cape Verde), Jordana Leigh (USA – Lincoln Center), José Luis (Mexico – International Jazz Festival Ollin Kan), and moderator, Francis Gay (Germany-WDR)
- Block Booking: World Routes Network – private Canadian presenters meeting
5 SHOWCASING CANADIAN ARTISTS!
Tuesday, April 17 2018 | Rua Pedonal | 9:45 p.m. – 10:25 p.m.
Cool Afro blues and pop rock.
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Music video
Represented by: Khalil Bambara, Les Productions Zion (Manager)
Phone: +1 438-994-6855 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
| AfrotroniX, Québec
Thursday, April 19 | Praça Luis Camões | 10:30 p.m. – 11:10 p.m.
A blend of electronic music with African rhythms and electronic Touareg blues.
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Music Video
Represented by: Valentina Zanelli, Creativi Musicali/Les Arts Vs Inc. (Agent)
Phone: +1 514-638-3527 | Email: email@example.com
| Malika Tirolien, Québec
Wednesday, April 18 | Praça Luis Camões | 8:10 p.m. – 8:50 p.m.
A blend of her Afro-Carribean origins and her soul/jazz/r&b influences.
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Music Video
Represented by: Michaël Christophe
Phone: +1 506-724-2594 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Shaun Ferguson, New Brunswick
Wednesday, April 18 | Centre AME | 2:20 p.m. – 3 p.m.
A modern, free and transcendent acoustic music.
Website | Facebook | Music Video
Represented by: Véronique Wade et Stéphane Turcotte, Agence WADE (Agent)
Phone: +1 506-888-5543 | Email: email@example.com
Wednesday, April 18 | Urban Meeting Stage as part of the “Urban Encounters” program | 11:30 p.m.
A sensory immersion at the epicenter of a musical and textual hurricane – between groove, funk and pop.
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Music Video
Represented by: Yaovi Hoyi, Intello-Productions Inc. (Manager)
Phone: +1 613-327-1406 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CANADIAN DELEGATION
15 PROFESSIONALS will make the trip!
- Déborah Cognet (Mundial Montréal, Québec)
- Véronique Wade (ANIM, Musique NB, Festival 506, Nouveau-Brunswick)
- Koba Johnson (Canada Council for the Arts, Ottawa)
- Michaël Christophe (Acadia International / SPAASI / MondoKarnaval, Nouveau-Brunswick)
- Mathieu Tremblay (Bureau du Québec à Dakar / Conseiller aux affaires Éducatives et Culturelles, Québec)
- Derek Andrews (Mundial Montréal, Ontario)
- Alfredo Caxaj (Sunfest, Ontario)
- Robert Benaroya (Caravan World Rhythms, British Columbia)
- Colin Rigaud (Nuits d’Afrique, Québec)
- Stéphane Brochu (Musique du Bout du Monde, Québec)
- Petr Cancura (Ottawa Jazz Festival, Ontario)
Agents and Managers
- Stéphane Turcotte – represents Shaun Ferguson (Agence Wade, Nouveau Brunswick)
- Khalil Bambara – represents ILAM (Les productions Zion, Québec)
- Alain Bourget –represents Malika Tirolien (1 2 3 Go Productions, Québec)
- Valentina Zanelli –represents AfrotroniX (Creativiti Musicale, Québec)
- Yaovi Hoyi –represents YAO (Intello-Productions Inc., Ontario)
- SHAUN FERGUSON : Shaun Ferguson (voice, guitar, cello), Julien Breau (violin) et Marie-Andrée Gaudet (doublebass)
- ILAM : Adbou Karim Tall (voice, guitar), Papa Saliou (bass). Thomas Sauvé Lafrance (drums), Elijah Joseph Mansevani (guitar)
- MALIKA TIROLIEN : Malika Tirolien (voice, piano), Jason Promesse (drums), Mark Haynes (bass), Jean-Michel Frédéric (keyboards), Philippe Lallier (guitar)
- YAO : Yaovi Hoyi (voix), Marianne Dumas (claviers), Simon Poirier-Lachance (drums), Stéphane Larivière (guitar), Liviu Pavel (bass).
- AFROTRONIX : Caleb Rimtobaye, Elli Miller Maboungou, Lionel Kizaba, Axel, Eli Levinson
KRIOL JAZZ FESTIVAL – April 14-21, 2018
Overlapping with Atlantic Music Expo is the 10th edition of the Kriol Jazz Festival!
The lineup includes Montréal artist Jowee Omicil!
ABOUT ATLANTIC MUSIC EXPO
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING ABOUT AME…
“Atlantic Music Expo is a magnificent event with a strong concept and it’s full of inclusive activities that lead to successful networking results. The meeting sessions are well organized with a good number of presenters from all over the world. The showcase gave us a chance to perform in CirculArt, Visa for Music and Seoul Music Week. We got to tour in Brasil, United States and Europe twice. Most remarkable point of all, it led Vox Sambou opening Queen Calypso Rose’s show in Helsinki. Atlantic Music Expo is such an enriching experience and simply remains unforgettable”
– Michaël Christophe, agent, Acadia International / SPAASI / MondoKarnaval
“All thanks to his participation to Atlantic Music Expo in 2017, Wesli played at Circulart in Colombia and at Favela Festival in Brasil, showcased at WOMEX and is currently working on projects in Russia and the Canary Islands. From a media standpoint, he was interviewed by RFI – Couleurs Tropiales and France Inter – L’Afrique Enchantée, two major radio shows in the French-speaking world, and featured on national Portuguese radio and television. Wesli also signed with the agence FliArtists (USA) and was the subject of famed photographer Yuri Lenquette (David Bowie, Mike Jagger, Bob Marley) during a photoshoot.”
– Valentina Zanelli, manager, Creativi Musicali / Les Arts VS
This project is funded in part by FACTOR, Fondation Musicaction, the Government of Canada and Canada’s private radio broacasters.